Forum Chess is a new quite unknown possibility of playing chess by several ways; it`s free to you to play on a server, by mail, by phpe, fax or directly
per "face to face". The special thing of forum chess is that you have to post the moves, equally by what kind you played them. In comparison to other kinds of transmitting your chess moves only the posted moves/games apply, not the moves played eg on a real face-to-face board. If your forum software includes virtual boards with automatic notation (like phpbb2 that we are using) naturrally the noted moves there apply and you needn`t post them
Advantages of Forum Chess:
- You can play it free in frame of usual using a forum
- You may discuss and play, that provides friendships.
- You play as your time allows; whenever you have got the
time you log in and make your move (unless you play atournament; but to
follow a time limit of 7 days per move is much less exhausting than to play
a whole game
- You choose the kind of transmittig your moves by
yourself as long as you post your moves
- You can choose it with every game, even during a
tournament you may play by differtent ways (eg to meet personally for
playing the first round and to play the second round by mail)
- Forum chess connects "face-to-face" chess with
correspondence chess, correspondence chess players and "face-to-face"
players play it.
- Forum chess fixes the problem of the different times
zones of the world, the fact that everyone has enough time to send his
moves/games avoids confusions and misunderstandings in this case.
We would be pleased if forum chess grows to a popular kind
of chess! Try it out! Have fun with it!